iOS 14.3 Beta Profile Download. If you are concerned about your data, which could arise from the susceptibility to errors, we recommend that you backup your iCloud before installing the new iOS 14 Beta profile on your iPhone or iPad. This way you are protected in the event of software problems.
Then you have two options for installation: via an existing developer account in iTunes (the simpler variant) or via a configuration profile.
iOS 14 Beta Supported Devices
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max/ 11;
- XS Max;
- 8 Plus;
- 7 Plus;
- 6s Plus;
- iPod touch 7.
Install iOS 14 Beta via configuration profile
If you are more of a beginner, you can play the iOS 14 Beta directly on your iPhone or iPad. To do this, you must have added the UDID of your device to your developer access (see above) and go to the download section of Apple’s developer area. Then do the following:
- Go to the section called “Configuration Profile”.
- Click on “Download”, then the corresponding profile for the new iOS will be downloaded.
- On your iPhone or iPad go to “Settings”> “General”> “Software Update”.
- Now all you have to do is connect to the WiFi and get the developer beta version displayed directly on your device for download.
Install iOS 14 Beta via developer account
An iOS developer account costs 99 euros per year. If you already pay and you have the latest version of iTunes on your device, then be happy. Installation is fairly easy.
- Visit the download section of Apple’s developer page.
- Select the appropriate iOS firmware for your model.
- Download the IPSW file and install it via iTunes. To do this, open iTunes, select your device and click on “Update” while holding the Shift key. Then select the file and confirm.
- Finished! The installation of iOS 14Beta on your iPhone or iPad starts.
Use an iCloud backup to play your data, media and apps on the device.
If you don’t have a developer account yourself, ask one of your friends, because other people can add you to theirs. Your Apple ID remains unchanged. You will receive an invitation by email and can log in with your ID in the Apple developer area. Then do the following:
- Add your UDID to the developer account, this is the unique identification number of your model (find out via iTunes> Connect device> Select device> Click: UDID is displayed).
- In the developer sidebar in iTunes, select “Certificates, IDs and profiles” and select your device.
- Then click on the + sign and paste the UDID there.
- Then you proceed as above.
As you can see, it is possible to download iOS 14 Beta to your iPhone or iPad in a few small detours. If you don’t have an Apple developer account yourself, you can add one if someone you know has one. But be warned: Some iPhones have to do without iOS 14. Want to know more, check out all the facts about iOS 14.