Apple has released a public beta 1 version of iOS 14. Anyone can install it.
The public beta, judging by the assembly, is no different from the second beta for developers, released a week earlier. We have already written about all the changes.
We do not recommend installing iOS 14 Public Beta. The system is still “raw” and it has many bugs: someone’s battery is running out quickly, someone’s iPhone is just buggy, and someone has made the most expensive iPod out of their iPhone 11, because the smartphone has stopped ringing.
What devices are supported
- 7 Plus/7
- 8 Plus/8
- Xs Max/Xs
- 11/11 Max/11 Max Plus
Before installing a new OS, it is important to backup the iPhone. This is necessary in case something goes wrong during the installation, or you decide to roll back to iOS 12 (judging by the first experience with beta for developers, many will want to).
On the device itself
- Go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Backup.
- Turn on the toggle switch iCloud Backup and wait for the end.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer through the wire and open iTunes.
- Go to the top of the program in the section with your iPhone.
- In the Automatically create copies subsection, select This computer.
- Click Create backup now and wait for the backup to finish.
That’s all, we are prepared for the worst. Now you can update.
How to install iOS 14 Public beta 1
It’s time to install iOS 14 Public beta 1 on the iPhone. Chased.
- We go to the beta site of Apple.
- Click Register and enter data from your Apple ID.
- Follow this link and download the profile.
- Reboot the device, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
That’s all. It remains to wait for the download and installation to finish.
What to test first
This beta version has more than 54 innovations. The main one is the dark theme of the interface.
From the smaller: the Latitude application, dynamic removable wallpapers, an updated photo editor, new portrait mode features and much more.